Thursday 31 March 2011

Blue and Gold Necklace

I think I'm on a roll!
I made this necklace a little while ago, but just haven't managed to show it... Oh and when I say I made it, I truly did make most of the glass beads myself.. I was lucky enough to be given a glass bead making kit for Christmas and all the blue glass beads are my own. I finished it with gold plated chain and findings. - (If anyone is reading this and is wondering why not use gold or sterling silver, the obvious reason is the cost, but it is possible to finish it with a precious metal if wanted.) This is another different style for me so any comments or suggestions on other ways to incorporate chains would be gratefully received.




This necklace won't go in to my folksy shop; it was a prototype with the beads, so this one is mine! That's the only problem with the jewellery making, I started so that I could make some for myself, but I now I'm selling them, I have to make more for me!

Enjoy this necklace...

No comments:

Post a Comment