Tuesday 30 August 2011

Finding Nemo




I'm not sure whether I love August or hate it!.. As with most of us, it's when we go on holiday, and I don't know about you but I hate the packing and preparation before and after! This means I have less time to do the enjoyable things like beads and jewellery! Actually thinking about it, I DO like August! I've had a glorious week in Crete, soaking up the sun and looking at the history and then a lovely long weekend in Jersey. Oh, just for your information, If you ever go to Crete, make sure to visit Spinalonga Island. It's a former leper colony, before the cure for leprosy was found.Fascinating place. Also a good read is Victoria Hislop's book called The Island which is about Spinalonga. It makes a change to see some of the modern history of Crete rather than just the Greek Mythology, (Although I would happily have seen that as well!!).



Anyway, back to beads.....



I've had some orange beads for a while and have always found it difficult to make a necklace that I like using them. Then when I started with this theme, I suddenly had inspiration. The colours of Nemo in the Disney fim; bright orange, white and black. I think the contrast with the black makes the necklace quite striking. Don't you think?. I love this necklace and feel it would go nicely with a plain black dress. I decided to make the drop earrings to match to complete the whole set. The necklace is finished with silver findings and most of the beads are glass.

1 comment: